Table of Contents
Mumbai is the dream city for many people. And your home in Mumbai is an expensive dream. Mumbai has some of the most expensive paintings in all of India. Owning a home here could be the most rewarding thing you ever do. The condition of your home must be maintained, though, by performing repairs on a regular basis.
A large number of people might choose to get the interiors done before shifting into a new house. An important element of the process is painting the walls and ceilings of the house with hues that reflect their personal aesthetic preferences. Giving their house a fresh coat of paint every few years is a significant part of the home cleaning process for many people.
What are Important Things to Consider Before Painting a House in Mumbai?
Before painting a house in Mumbai, it is important to consider the weather conditions. Other factors that affect the cost of painting a house in Mumbai include:
- Paint Type: It is important to decide the type of paint for deciding the painting cost of a house in Mumbai. You’ll need to choose a finish after deciding on a colour. The paint’s sheen is determined by the finish. Paint finishes are typically either low sheen, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss or high gloss.
- Additional Materials: You’ll also need putty and primer in addition to paint and the necessary tools. A strong, wide-base ladder with solid construction is another necessity, as is a ladder with a flat bottom. This is crucial for exterior painting, which is another reason Mumbai’s labour costs for painting are on the higher side. As Mumbai’s houses are typically tall, and exterior painting needs to be done at heights, a lot of care is taken by labourers to ensure that the tools and materials they use are sturdy enough for the job.
- Labour Cost: The cost of labour is roughly one-third of raw material. Determining the labour charge for a painting job depends on a number of factors, including the size of the area to be painted, the complexity of the job and the cost of materials. When it comes to the cost of labour, Mumbai is a vast city and the prices may vary depending on the area.
- Repaint or Fresh painting: The next factor to consider when calculating the painting cost per square foot in Mumbai is the condition of the walls. A fresh coat of paint can cost two coats of putty, one coat of primer, and two coats of paint. This, in turn, can raise the cost of a new coat of paint per square foot. To make sure that the cost of painting per square foot is kept as low as possible, it is important to assess the current condition of the walls before painting.
- Interior or Exterior painting: The process of exterior painting can be time-consuming because scaffolding or a ladder pulley system is required. In order to paint the exterior of a building, it is necessary to set up scaffolding or a ladder pulley system for reaching high areas in Mumbai and painting safely.
The process of exterior painting can be cumbersome as it requires the use of scaffolding or a ladder pulley system. Our service experts say that more coats of paint and an extensive sanding and levelling process are required for exteriors as they are often more affected by the weather. Because labour costs in Mumbai are high and labour quality is difficult to assess, it is often preferable to hire a professional painting service provider who will take on all responsibility and provide a warranty for their work.
How Much Does it Cost to Paint a House in Mumbai?
The cost of painting a house in Mumbai is highly dependent on the type of painting chosen as well as the painter’s daily rate in Mumbai. The following is a list of the various paints that are available.
- Water-based distemper paint is cheap and simple to use. The term “whitewashing” is the most commonly used to describe this technique. Even though it is inexpensive and simple to use, the effects last only a few hours before fading.
- There are both water-based and oil-based emulsion paints available. An excellent product with a flawless finish that dries quickly. Emulsion paint is durable and can be cleaned with a detergent-soaked towel. Several of these paints also have anti-fungal properties. There are two types of emulsion paints available: plastic and acrylic. Emulsion paints can be water-based or oil-based, and they are now one of the most common solutions for painting. They are long-lasting and frequently washable; some of these paints also have anti-fungal/mildew characteristics. Emulsion paints offer many advantages for the homeowner; they are relatively low cost, easy to apply, and offer good coverage with fewer coats than other paint types.
|Square Foot (Sq ft)||Non-Washable (Tractor Emulsion)||Semi-Washable (Premium Emulsion)||Washable (Royal)|
|400 sq ft||Rs 33000||Rs 39000||Rs 49000|
|600 sq ft||Rs 49000||Rs 56000||Rs 71000|
|700 sq ft||Rs 57000||Rs 66000||Rs 104000|
|800 sq ft||Rs 65000||Rs 76000||Rs 120000|
|900 sq ft||Rs 74000||Rs 85000||Rs 135000|
|1000 sq ft||Rs 82000||Rs 95000||Rs 150000|
|1100 sq ft||Rs 90000||Rs 104000||Rs 165000|
|1200 sq ft||Rs 98000||Rs 113000||Rs 143000|
|1300 sq ft||Rs 106000||Rs 123000||Rs 155000|
|1400 sq ft||Rs 115000||Rs 132000||Rs 167000|
How Much Does it Cost to Paint a 1 BHK, 2 BHK, 3 BHK, or 4 BHK+ House in Mumbai?
Here is a breakdown of the cost of painting your house per square foot in Mumbai. According to this breakdown, the cost of painting a house in Mumbai ranges from Rs 60,000 – 75,000 for a 2-bedroom house in Mumbai. The cost of painting a house in Mumbai can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the house, the number of bedrooms, the quality and brand of paint used, labour costs, and the time taken to complete the job.
|Types of Paint||1 BHK||2 BHK||3BHK||4+ BHK|
|Interior Painting||Rs 49000||Rs 75000||Rs 104000||Rs 140000|
|Fresh Painting||Rs 49000||Rs 75000||Rs 104000||Rs 140000|
|Re-Painting||Rs 36000||Rs 67000||Rs 72000||Rs 107000|
|Distemper Painting||Rs 12000||Rs 20000||Rs 29000||Rs 35000|
|Emulsion painting||Rs 39000||Rs 66000||Rs 110000||Rs 130000|
|Texture Painting||Rs 10000||Rs 18000||Rs 32000||Rs 40000|
|Wall Stencil Painting||Rs 10000||Rs 18000||Rs 32000||Rs 40000|
Calculate the required paint cost for the walls of your home with the
Painting Cost Calculator
1 BHK Painting Cost in Mumbai: Depending on the size of the house, a one-bedroom home in Mumbai may cost anywhere from Rs 10,000 to Rs 50,000 for painting. Additional factors, such as the special requirement (such as texture or stencil painting), the kind and quality of paint, as well as the size of the area to be painted, may increase the cost by another Rs 10,000 to 30,000.
2 BHK Painting Cost in Mumbai: Depending on your various factors, painting a two-bedroom house in Bangalore costs as little as Rs. 60,000. This cost includes the purchase of paint, supplies, and labour.
3 BHK Painting Cost in Mumbai: The cost to paint a three-bedroom home might range from Rs 70,000 to Rs 1 lakh, depending on your demands and preferred colour schemes. The quantity, kind, and quality of paint needed, the number of coats to be put in, and any wall preparation that may be required all have an impact on how much it will cost to paint a house.
4 BHK Painting Cost in Mumbai: The starting cost for a four-bedroom house or apartment is Rs. 1.04 lakh, and the maximum price is Rs. 1.4 lakh.
How can you estimate the painting cost in Mumbai?
What kind of surface is being painted? This is the most important question to answer when calculating the cost of painting a house in Mumbai per square foot. A paint calculator is useful in this situation, as it takes into account various factors such as the size of the house, the quality of the paint to be used, and other important elements.
The cost of painting a house is determined by a variety of factors, which either increase or decrease the cost per square foot. Among these are the following:
- Size of the house: The budget for painting a house is directly proportional to its size. The larger the house, the more paint that is required, and the higher the cost of labour
- Condition of the wall surface: Damaged walls need extra putty and primer, raising the expense of painting them.
- Ceiling height: The greater the area of the wall, the higher the cost of painting a house in Mumbai.
- Type of paint: The cost of painting your home is affected by the type of paint you use. Textured paint, for example, is more expensive than ordinary paint.
Now that you have a good grasp of the elements to consider when calculating a budget for painting a house in Mumbai, it will be easier for you to organize your budget. However, there are a number of factors to consider, including the size of your property, the painting cost in Mumbai, and the painting labour cost per square foot in Mumbai. Our Paint Calculator can assist you in estimating the cost of painting a property in Mumbai. The Paint calculator takes into account all of the above elements and factors in the cost of labour and materials, which can be quite expensive in Mumbai.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much will it cost to paint my 2BHK house in Mumbai?
- The cost of painting a 2BHK house in Mumbai depends on the size of the house, materials used, quality of workmanship and any additional services required. The cost of painting a two-bedroom house in Mumbai ranges between Rs 60,000 and Rs 75,000.
- Is the weather a factor in Mumbai’s painting costs?
- Yes, the weather can be a major factor in Mumbai’s painting costs. The cost of exterior painting in Mumbai is high, with the weather being a major factor. Generally, the hotter and more humid it is, the higher the cost of painting.
- How much will the cost of re-painting in Mumbai be?
- Re-painting costs in Mumbai depend on a variety of factors, including the type of paint used, the size and complexity of the area to be painted, and other services required. The repainting cost in Mumbai will range between Rs 35,000 to 1.2 lakh, depending on the area to be painted, the type of paint and various other factors.