Last Updated on
In interior designing, the main elements that play an import role in it are the color of the room. Many people may see it who don’t consider the coloring of the room as a good factor. They think that only going for a perfect design and proper placement of things in the room is the best way to handle it in the right direction.
But in reality, you can see that color is the ones that determine the beauty of the room. So when all these things have taken place, you can see that there are many ways by which you can find the correct way to put the lights in the room and that too in the right direction and pattern. When you follow it, you can see that it ensures that you get the best pattern in place for yourself and the room.
Go For The 60-30-10 Color Rule
When you are thinking of painting the room and to make the room look attractive, then you can go for this rule. When you are going for the 60-30-10 rule, you don’t need any mathematicians to make you understand this rule. It is a straightforward rule, and you can know the rule in a detailed manner from here below. As per the rule, you need to make sure that you go for the right combination of different colors in the room. This rule is preferred by top Interior designers in Mumbai while selecting the colour profile of Home interiors To make it more simple for you all, go through the below points.
Selecting Color combination for room
- You need to apply 60 Percent of the dominant Color.
- Then the next 30 percent of color must be the secondary color.
- The remaining 10 percent color must be applied in the space.
How Will The Rule Work?
- If you are confused about how the rule will work, then here is the way by which you can go for the rule. If you take a look at these things, then the dominant color, which is said to be the majority of the color needs to be the color of the wall. Apart from the wall, you can go for the floors or other things as well. This majority of the color is needed to be applied in the room and covering nearly 60 percent.
- The next thing that comes after you apply the color in there is the secondary color. It is like the contrast to the room, and it is mainly used for the furniture, area, curtains, and other walls too. You can see that any of the colors will be working for it, and it will bring a smooth eye-catching look to the room. It must cover nearly 30 percent.
- Then, at last, the accent color is like the cherry on the top of the cake. This color will add with the bright color of the room or any other metallic or dark color. It must be applied in the remaining 10 percent.
Additional Things To Keep In Mind
When you are going for it, you can see that it comes with the contrasts, and it can complement the best colors as well. You can see that all the typical kinds of pieces can be thrown away like the artwork, lampshades, bedding, and other things as well. You need to keep in mind that you don’t have to use it as the shade for the element of the rule. So always check the dominant color that you are going to apply there. After that, you need to make sure that you put the right combination of secondary color as per the primary color so that it will not look nice. Moreover, the pattern includes the colors that are present outside, which comes with the three shades, and they are excellent as well.
Names of Few Good Color Combinations
If you are looking for the right color combination for the rule, then here is the list of various color combinations.
- Dark blue as primary with White as secondary and cream as an accent.
- Green with blue as secondary and yellow in the form of accent.
- White as the dominant color with gray as the secondary shade and red as the accent.
- Yellow as the dominant color and green and white as primary and accent color.
- It can go for the golden brown as the dominant color with dark brown as a secondary one and black as an accent.
Get It Done Easily
If you want to apply the color in the right way, then you can go for it in an easy way. But for that, you need to get in touch with the experts in interior designs. They ensure that you get the best idea as well as the right color combination for it as well and as per the size of the room.