If you’re moving into a new place or your current home simply needs to be revamped, chances are that a coat of white paint is at the top of your mind. White, in all its various shades and tones, is one of the most commonly used colours for wall paint across the globe. If you’re in the market for some White wall paint, here’s a quick list of things you need to know before painting your walls white.
- Break the clutter – White has a distinct property, a characteristic trait that helps the viewer free and clear their mind. The open expanse of a white canvas helps free the human mind from unnecessary things that clutter it up, thereby creating a visually pleasing aesthetic.
- Go easy on the wallet – When thinking about how to transform your living space there are a ton of colour options to choose from. The universe of colours will offer you a problem of plenty and White can often be the easiest and most cost effective solution. A nice, crisp coat of White paint can change the entire feel of your space at a fraction of the cost.
- Stay vigilant – Those of us with little children running around the house can certainly vouch for the vigilance required when dealing with kids around White walls. If you’ve just got your house painted and White is a dominant colour, it’s advisable to stay vigilant. Keep an eye on cracks, bumps, scrapes and all other manner of potential damages as White is a colour that reveals all.
- Sleep tight – You may not have realised this but the White walls in your bedroom have helped you sleep better. The study of colour theory tells us that White is a colour often associated with a feeling of calm and tranquility, both key elements of a good night’s sleep.
- White and light – The colour White can be incredibly reflective and the appropriate use of this fact can make all the difference. If you’ve ever been around a lot of snow under the bright sun, you will remember shielding your eyes from the immense reflection. There are various shades of white and the degree to which they reflect light varies, so having a solid grasp of the natural light in your space is essential before applying a coat of White paint.
- White walls help you sell – If you’re in the market to sell your house, you may be tempted to do it up in glorious colours of wall paint. While that will certainly serve to make an impact, White is the advisable colour to go for in these situations. The reason is simple; White is a neutral colour that allows the potential buyer to imagine their own version of the space. Anything that helps your buyer imagine themselves in the space can only serve to help you make a sale.
- Don’t shy away from textures – While it’s true that White is associated with peace and tranquility, it has the ability to also be perceived as sterile and drab. If you’re going with White wall paint for your home, you may want to experiment with textures in your space. You can avoid the unwanted dry and stark feeling by throwing in some textures through your furnishing and upholstery, elevating the visual experience altogether.
- Test it out – You may be familiar with names of shades such as Vanilla, Cream, Ivory and Off white but there are so many more to choose from. The wall paint market today is full of stunning shades of White on offer and it is advisable to test out the shades on your wall before committing to one.
- Accents can be fun – White is the colour of a blank canvas and that means your White walls can double up as a canvas for your artistic creativity. To avoid your space seeming like a drab, dull or empty space, playing around with colour accents can be fun. Whether it’s the frames of the windows, the borders of doors or the colour of your furnishings and upholstery, these vibrant accents will help liven up the White space within.
- Keeps it fresh – As you can well imagine, White is associated with a sense of freshness and clarity. With crisp and clean white walls to surround yourself with, your mind will be at ease and stay fresh.
Bonus tip: What’s outside matters to what’s inside – When dealing with White walls, you want to pay close attention to what is outside your house as much as what’s inside. As mentioned previously, White is a very reflective colour so it’s not just the light you’re dealing with, it’s the colour of everything else as well. If you have a lush green tree blossoming outside your window, chances are the shades of green will pour in through the window on a bright, sunny day and cover the White of your walls in glorious Green.
As you can imagine, the journey to finding the right kind of shade of White for your walls can be very exciting indeed. Our team at AapkaPainter is ready, willing and able to help you find the right colours and give you an end to end solution for all your home painting needs.